Custom Search

Monday, February 16, 2009

Bread with Beck

But there wasn't any Bread or Beck playing. It was U2 on WMMR in fact. Beck loves rocking out.



Beck and I made Cornstalk Bread from a recipe we found in the Gourmet magazine. The bread was easy to handle and smelled yummy. I sprayed it a lot with water while it baked to make it crusty like the French Baguette I used to have in Nantes. Of course it was deemed "Too Crusty" by the critics, although Beck enjoyed the teething quality of her piece.



So, per it's name, the bread is supposed to look like a cornstalk and the guests are to tear off their "corn." Hunter got a kick out of the tearing part, and the bread went well with the beer-braised beef chuck and gravy.



The blue pot in the background was my mother's. Unfortunately I dropped the lid in the move and the handle popped off. Also, the interior ceramic is failing, so I am thinking about getting a new one. I just can't figure out what color I want. Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

  1. Is that the recipe you gave me? It looks DELISH! And, Beck is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your kitchen adventures go well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.